Hi all! I'm Holly. I'm new to Sero7Forum.
I need some help here badly! Let me tell you a little story first then I'll tell you what I need. I'm sorry for the length but I'm bad at being brief. I'll do my best though!
I have a neighbor who's a close friend with 2 daughters who come to my apt to play games, watch stuff, etc. The older daughter, Jamie, who just turned 11 yrs old on Aug 12, is the closest with me... spends a lot of time with me.
Well, after this little girl spent 7 months taking perfect care of her tablet, I (a 45 yr old woman) accidentally dropped and shattered the screen on her $50 Amazon Fire Christmas Gift from her Grandmother. So I decided to get her a new tablet. I've never even had one myself. I've never rooted a tablet/device or done anything like that. The only portable devices I have are my PSP and my Tracfone smartphone (which isn't rootable).
List of things I need help doing, please:
- How to transfer as much of her important saved info from her Fire to the Sero as possible.
- How to transfer her Minecraft saves and world fully if possible. (I know I'm going to have to repurchase the app)
(Minecraft is EVERYTHING to that girl!!)
- How to update the device's O.S. (? - I think I've seen discussion here that Hisense did upgrade the OS?)
- How to root the Sero in VERY VERY simple terms for doofuses so I do NOT screw up her new tablet!!
- And do I update the tablet BEFORE rooting or after?
- And any other things I should do to/with the tablet and that I should know?
- (And in what ORDER do I do each thing if there's any specific order I should pay attention to!)
If poss, please please try to make this as easy and anxiety free as you can. I'm already procrastinating on this and poor Jamz is having to wait for her tablet because of my fear. (anxiety disorder sucks. *sigh* I've been cleaning the house for days to avoid this! ack! but I do want to get this done for her!)
She has a 32GB SD card that I bought her a while back. And after reading one of the posts on here, I went ahead and bought a microUSB to USB OTG card reader & transfer accessory. I hope those things will help in what needs to be done.
If you need ANY info from me, please just let me know! (also, yes I have the ability to use my desktop computer/external TB HDD's as a layover for info transfers if needed)
Thank you all for any help you can give and I'm SO happy to be here!